Sioen textile bravo membranes "The 4-layer fabric"
- Elastic, knitted polyester or nylon fabric.
- Very high performance, durable adhesive
- Intermediate PU-layer
- High quality full PU-topcoat
Today, clean environments in medical areas are gaining in importance, especially in hospitals and healthcare environments. Statistics prove that it is absolutely necessary to implement good cleaning and disinfection procedures in order to prevent microbial contamination of patients who were not infected at the time of admission. Every hospital location risks of being contaminated when not properly disinfected. This obviously includes mattress covers. Adding antibacterial product to the coating during the production process, improves the protection, while creating a hostile environment for the bacteria on the protector. This treatment is based upon the “silver technology”.
Silver, the cleanest way to control bacterial growth
Silver is probably the oldest known antibacterial product. Long ago, people used to throw silver coins in water, preventing microbial infection. This “silver technology” is used in the Bravo Silver range.
The main features of this product line are:
- Controlled release of silver ions to prevent bacterial growth.
- Unlike other products on the market, no discoloration of the coating is observed.
- Highly active against a broad spectrum of bacteria:
bacteria Staphylococcus aureus
MRSA Salmonella choleraesuis
Gram negative bacteria
- “Greenest” antibacterial product available on the market.
- Active ingredient FDA-approved for food contact applications.
- > 99.90 % reduction of bacteria in test ISO 22196:2007.
- Proven activity against bacteria even after 10 washes at 95 ° C (test report 2502075 “MRSA” – test report 2502077.
- Resistance to a broad spectrum of commonly used disinfectants.
- Durable and long-lifetime fabric.
- Watercolumn > 2000 mm (ISO 811): perfect barrier to liquids.
- After 25 washes at 95 ° C the watercolumn of 2000 mm is still intact.
- Excellent hydrolysis resistance.
- Width of the fabric: between 110 and 220 cm wide.
- Bravo Silver is also available in a fire retardant version.
- In general, Bravo fabrics are treated against fungi and bacteria, adding to general hygiene standards.
BRAVO fabrics are tested to ISO 16603:2004 and ISO 16604:2004:
- they offer a complete barrier against (synthetic) blood, therefore being 100 % fluid-proof
- they offer a complete barrier against viruses, therefore being virus- and bacteria-proof !